Monday, June 16, 2008

Tweety Bird




I have been wanting to get back to sketch cards lately. Here's one from the Great Swaps Girls blog. I haven't used an oval shape in awhile so it was a good starting point.

Recipe:
Stamps: Pun Fun
Paper: Monochromatic Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Real Red, Old Olive, Taken with Teal
Ink: Jetblack Stazon
Other: Bold Brights brads, photo corner punch, red grosgrain

We seem to be settling into the groove of summer more. We returned all of the defective Nerf guns and Sam settled on skyrail rollercoaster. It's tracks the you build and then run marbles down them. He has played for hours with this toy and loves it! He's also been a domino building machine. We picked some up at a garage sale and he keeps building different formations and naming them. Things like "The Christmas bow" or the "Cloudy Rainbow". It's good, clean fun and he's good at it. It also gets him away from the Wii.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! Love this card. So clean! Cute little bird too. Ah, so love birds right now.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Really cute card! Love the burst of color at the top and then the white at the bottom. Such a clean look, and I love the bird!

Marilyn said...

Love this card and this sketch! I am digging sketches now! They make card making so much easier!! Your card is great - love your coloring too! Glad that your son found something fun to entertain himself with this summer too!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Cute card! I just love that set (: We love our GS finds! Last Saturday we found a rescue hero tower with three figurines for $7; it has really kept my boys busy!

Alex said...

what an adorable card! I love the colors and of course that little birdie is one of my faves! Great take on the sketch, Kathleen! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

This is so sweet, Kathleen...and I just love that little bird!! Great colors and coloring too!!

Lauren said...

This is adorable. You really did a fabulous job with the sketch. Great card!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SO sweet. Your colouring and the colours are adorable. LOVE the oval sketch. I don't think I've ever used an oval. I better try that!?! Thanks for the inspiration, :0)