Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thankful



I made this place card as a make-n-take at a recent party. I saw some examples on SCS and took my inspiration from there. I like how this came together. The acorn was stamped in the River Rock and the top colored in with a Close to Cocoa marker. I wanted the acorn to be light enough so that you could see the lettering of the name through it. The leaf is stamped in Really Rust. I used my trusty scallop circle punch to frame the acorn at the top and tied some of the yummy chocolate chip taffeta ribbon around it. This ribbon ties so nicely!

I wont be using place cards at my Thanksgiving with my family. There are so many of us it's more a free-for-all then a civilized feast. I am one of 10 children. My mom will gather us in a church hall(because we don't fit well in a house) and we all bring something for the feast. We've done it this way for awhile. We'll bring our spouses and kids so that brings us up to about 40 some people. It's a crowd! The grandkids range in age from 29 to in utero! There are even 3 great grandchildren now.

Some of you with a smaller crowd may sit down to a more civilized dinner. For those of you, the place cards may work well for you.

What is your Thanksgiving like? I'd love to hear how you celebrate! Leave me a comment and let me know.

3 comments:

Amber Porter said...

This is gorgeous!! I love it and may have to CASE as I am having all my family at my house this year for Thanksgiving!!!

Rose Ann said...

Great job with the place card!! I love how it turned out, and it's such a great idea!!

Heather P. said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE this! Just beautiful!