Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Guava Cupcake



I bought this cupcake stamp at the stamp and scrap sale my group had last week. I don't know where it's from but I had to have it. I stamped the image with Jetblack Stazon on watercolor paper. I colored the paper liner of the cupcake with the Blush Blossom marker. You don't get marker lines on the watercolor paper. I used Groovy Guava ink refill and my aquapainter to color the cupcake frosting. The candle is Wild Wasabi and the flame is Summer Sun. I colored around the cupcake with Sahara Sand and then added dazzling diamonds glitter to the frosting and the flame with my 2-way glue pen. The tiny cupcake and the "wish big" comes from the Short and Sweet stamp set. It's one of my favorite stamp sets from this catalog. It comes with the 6 words in script and corresponding teeny images to go with it. Everything looks better in miniature.

The paper is the Groovy Guava monochromatic designer paper, Blush Blossom cardstock an Groovy Guava cardstock. It's topped off with Groovy Guava double stitched ribbon.

It's still chilly in Minnesota but the sun is shining and that's more than 1/2 the battle! We're supposed to get warmer temps later this week. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Adorable card! I love the color! Glad you found something to buy at the sale! I think I'm done drooling over those photos you posted! Holy moly, I would have been in SU heaven if I lived in MN!!

Diane said...

Love the color combo you chose,very lovely and yummy cupcake card! You rock!!

LeAnne said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love these cupcakes, especially with your color choices!
LeAnne

Bonnie said...

You and your cupcakes!! LOL! This is so sweet and the colours are grand!

Alex said...

Oooh cute, I can see what you had to have this one!! Wonderful card Kathleen, love all those pretty colors!

So glad the sun is at least shining - here's wishing you warmer weather!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Who would have thought that you needed a cupcake stamp?! ;) It's too cute!

Rose Ann said...

I love your adorable cupcake card!! I can see why those stamps were hard to resist! ;) The colors are very pretty too!

Lauren said...

This is so cute and sweet! I hope the weather warms up for all of us soon.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Great colors and the stamp is just adorable!!! TFS!