Tuesday, August 14, 2007
One thing they showed a lot of at the Stampin' Up! convention is altering things. This is right up my alley! It inspired me to do even more. I bought this seashell box on Clearance at Mike's. I immediately had in mind to alter it with the Secret Garden Simply Scrappin' kit. It went together quite easily. I measured the width of the top of the chest and cut a patterned piece from my Secret Garden kit. I used mod podge to adhere it to the top. Then I traced the front and back top pieces and mod podged those on. Then I measured the width of the bottom piece and mod podged them on. All very easy! The trickiest part was removing the buckle and hinges and reattaching them(I had my husband re-attach them. He's quite handy that way!:) I used some of the adhesive backed die cuts from the kit to embellish and stamped a flower from the Brocade motifs stamp set to put in the middle of the flower. I topped that off with some linen thread through an Earth Elements button and that was it. I may fill it with coordinating secret garden cards.