Friday, October 17, 2008

Snow Flurries



This was my card for the recipe challenge design team this week. The challenge was to use felt, stickles or glitter, and an office supply. The snowflake from felt flurries is the felt, I used glitter on the snowman and the office supply is the paperclip on the edge of the main image.

Recipe: Stamps:Punch Pals
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Real Red, Baja Breeze, Old Olive
Paper: Ski Slope Designer paper, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
Other: Word Window punch, Felt Flurries, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, designer circle brads, dazzling diamonds glitter

I have had fun creating in my craft room this week. Sam, my 8 year old came in to see what I was working on. This is the conversation:

Sam: Whatcha doin?
Me: Making cards
Sam: Is that a Christmas card?
Me: Yes
Sam: Christmas? It's not even Halloween! That's just wrong!

I wasn't about to get into the whys with him. Speaking of Halloween, it's only 2 weeks away! It lands on a Friday this year. How fun! No school or work the next day.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Janine said...

Cute card!! Love that snowguy! I went into Michael's today up here and was up to my armpits in Christmas stuff!! Amazing!!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Cute cards! I am trying to make Christmas cards too, but it is hard to do in October...I agree Sam, it's just wrong (: I went to Target tonight, nothing good to alter ): I ended up buying $10 worth of junk for my kids, LOL!

Lori said...

So cute! Love how you embellished the paperclip with the ribbon.

Angie Tieman said...

What wonderful cuteness! So much yummy goodness!

~amy~ said...

What a SWEET card...FUNNY story..sounds like my household :)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is SO cute! I love your paper clip as the office supply for the challenge. That snowman is so cute, especially the way you've coloured him (and your Sam story, SO funny. Heehee. We must seem weird to non-cardmakers!) :O)

Rose Ann said...

Super cute snowman card, Kathleen!! I love that snowman, and your big flake!!

Super cute story too!!

Tracy said...

Too funny...my 9 year old just keeps asking if I am ready for his "official wish list" yet or not. Great card- love the snowflakes.